Welcome to the 2018 calendar photography submission page! I'm so excited you are here and want to tell you a little more information on this contest. If you're looking to submit a photo for the 2018 calendar, please read on!
What Brim is looking for:
- high resolution, 300 dpi photos (in other words, high quality enough to be blown up to 10"x10" and still be sharp as a tack) iPhone photos can absolutely work, so long as they are high resolution. This works best when they were shot in HDR mode.
- photos that fit the Brim Papery aesthetic. Take a look at the previous calendars' photos shown above to get an idea. Themes should include nature, tablescapes, shots of warm and cozy home scenes, plants, etc.; people are absolutely ok to be included in photos but typically should be a small portion of the photo and not the main subject. (There may be some exceptions here depending on the photo)
- Brim is looking for photos from all seasons, so please feel free to include a few options if you have ones that pertain particularly to spring, winter, fall, summer.
- You don't have to be a professional photographer to submit a photo. If you're photo fits the bill above, feel free to give it a shot! All are welcome.
- You are welcome to submit several photos - it's possible I make pick multiple from one photographer if I'm really in love!
Winners will receive:
- $50 per photo used
- Complimentary 2018 Brim Papery calendar
- Your name and instagram handle on the back of the calendar
- Promotion of your photography to an Instagram audience of 24k+
How to enter:
- Email email@example.com with the title line SUBMISSION
- Include your name and Instagram handle. If you have specific photos you'd like me to consider, please attach them - please do not insert them directly into your email unless they are scaled down to a viewable size. If you're more comfortable just sending me your IG feed for me to look through, that's ok, too! If for time's sake you'd like to include a smaller version or screen shot of the photos, that's fine with me so long as you have a high-res version!
- Submissions must be sent by September 3rd at midnight EST
- Thirteen winning photos will be chosen and photographers emailed by September 7th
Please note that by submitting your work for this contest, you are agreeing to the following terms:
- If chosen, Brim Papery has the right to use your submitted work for the 2018 Brim Papery calendar which will be reproduced and sold.
- Photographs will be used only for the 2018 calendar and no other merchandise.
- Brim Papery has the limited right to use these photos (or derivation of photos with Brim Papery lettering) and products derived from the photos in both the calendar and online promotion from the launch date of the calendar until December 31, 2018.